Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Senior Center
The Martin Luther King Jr. Senior Center (Center) serves as a destination for adults age (55) and older seeking access to services and information to improve and enhance their quality of life. The Center is located in the Clark County Community Resource Center in North Las Vegas on the Las Vegas border. The Center offers a variety of programming that promotes healthy lifestyle choices (i.e. Nutritional seminars, health screenings, etc.). Additionally social, recreational and educational opportunities are available. Lunch is provided daily in a congregate meal setting and is in accordance with the Older Americans Act complying with the dietary guidelines for Americans provided by the USDA.The program targets Clark County Nevada Senior Citizens (55 and older) who are:
- Located in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Nellis AFB and Henderson.
- Low income seniors
- Seniors who are on fixed incomes and/or experiencing added economic burdens of custody of grandchildren and/or other financial strains.
- Seniors with physical and/or mental disability and/or families with disabled members
- Low income Seniors within minority groups
- Seniors that are Veterans
- Limited English proficiency, low income Seniors
The targeted areas population has high levels of seniors that are unemployed, have low levels of income and fit within a minority category. Additionally, the Center has seen a surge in requests for supplemental respite transportation resources.
Confidential case management and referrals to meet individual participants’ needs are provided via an on-site case manager. Thru assessment and in accordance with grantor eligibility requirements, the case manager will determine need as defined. As a supplement or in concord with additional case management services will be provided by the LVUL Family Development Program located at main campus.Program:
LVUL Martin Luther King Jr. Senior Center
2420 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Hours: M-F 8AM to 5PM